Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mei Mei's progress @ 21mths, 9 days

Mei Mei can now speak in complete sentences and can communicate with us without any difficulty. She is still more fluent in Hokkien and Mandarin and speaks very little English. Gal is still not able to speak in sentences in English. So far, she can only say "I Want, I Don't Want, Come, Go away, Yes, No, Naughty, You, me, puppy, dog, cat, rabbit, monkey, spoon, swimming, etc.. "

Gal is able to tell us if she is Happy or Angry, hungry or full (sometimes not real!), or if she is thirsty.:) Baby is also learning to count 1-10, and sometimes she can count all by herself. She is trying to learn A-Z now. We do not want to rush her, but will still try to teach her whenever we can, as my grandma told us that she has got a very good memory.

I am rather amazed at the way she holds a pen. Instead of grabbing a pen like what my little rascals did when they were younger, she holds a pen just like all of us. I am still looking around for a suitable book for her to learn how to draw lines and circles, to improve her motor skills.

Darling still doesn't like to tie her hair, but I will continue to persuade her, haha....

Bought this matching hairband and pen for darling, now we bring these 2 items along whenever we go out. The pen can keep her entertained for a while, so that we can take our orders.






No comments: